This is a journal of my journey to the 2012 London Olympics. The highs, the lows, the good times, the bad times, the fast times and the not so fast (slow) times. The new challenges that lay ahead and the people around me during those times are the enjoyable things I look forward to.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

13 Days

In my last post I mentioned that we were about to start a new phase in our training and that I was looking forward to it. Well, it has been great and just the kind of training we have needed. I must say its been the most amount of training I've done, and intense aswell. Over the past two weeks we trained for 13 days and then 1 day off. Within those 13 days we did 32 sessions: over 300km in the boat, over 800km on the bike, over 3600 reps in the gym, all which equates to appromimately 5-6 hours a day. So yep, as I said pretty hard. It was great to have a day off today with the family resting up before we start our next 2 week block which will be similar to the past two weeks, maybe even harder.

Its been great down here in the Salt/Casuarina area. In our small amount of down time that we do have there is the beach about 50m away, nice cafes and restaurants nearby and I must say the couch and bed are both comfortable for my recovery times.

Time is going by pretty quick and with less than 4 weeks until our heat row in Beijing training has been on track for most of our work we have done and we're getting fitter than ever. I get a little nearvous when I think about how fast the games are approaching and at the same time I am comforted by the feeling I'll have at the start line in Beijing. This feeing is a feeling of confidence I'll have in my physical preparation and knowing the work that we have done has prepared us the best way possible for this battle ahead.....Bring it on!!!!!

No comments: